Tuesday, October 14, 2014

short break

What I love most about having a blog is that it is always here, waiting for me to fill my words, thoughts, and pictures on it. I advice everyone--even people who don't like to write much--to have a blog or some kind of written outlet.

This is what's on my mind:

I cannot express how important it is to have time for yourself. I am a busy person--I am usually either doing homework, riding my bike, eating, or sleeping, and repeat. I have also been pretty hounded with music stuff, but it's interesting how many opportunities I've had where I could actually start a career in it. I think I'm just lazy. The effort is immense and all of my energy has been going into all these stupid science and business classes I'm currently taking. It's consuming me. It's frustrating. And I'm already tired Week 3.

So that's why even having this 30 minute break to melt into my couch and listen to Sleater Kinney...I'm so down. Sometimes, especially for college students, it's easy to wrap yourself in your schedule of endless work and homework (and I absolutely love being busy, don't get me wrong) but every day, even just 30 minutes to have to your name, just to sit or close your eyes and relax in yourself...we all need that. We really do. It's so much easier to get work done and do well at it when you are not hounding yourself 24.7. I think we forget that we need to check back in with ourselves every now and then.

I am so content right now. I've had a...well, quite frankly, I've had a shitty day. I am usually pretty good about letting go of negativity and having this little break in the middle of my day has honestly rejuvenated me.

And that's all I got for now. So take that with a grain of salt, I know we are all busy and I am thankful for those of you who take time to read my posts! I love it. :) Have a fantastic day, bros and sis', and don't forget to make time for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment